Friday, September 30, 2011

Vegetable Rotini w/ "Sausage"

I'm going to try and remember to get a picture of this the next time I make it and update here, but we ate it already and pictures of empty bowls aren't nearly as appetizing. :)

This is one of the few vegetarian recipes I've made that the kids really liked, so I don't want to lose it!

Ingredients:
1 tube Gimme Lean Sausage
1 large zuchinni
1 large yellow squash
2 cloves garlic
Olive oil
Lemon pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
1 box rotini pasta

Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain, toss with olive oil and set aside.  Dice zuchinni, squash, and garlic.

Coat large frying pan with olive oil and fry Gimme Lean Sausage. Add squash mixture and fry until heated through and vegetables are to desired tenderness. Season with lemon pepper to taste.

Toss pasta with squash and sausage mixture and top with parmesan cheese.

The kids loved this and so did I! The Man would have nothing to do with it. More for us! I'm sure you could add any veggies to this, I just happened to have the zuchinni and squash. If I had some cherry tomatoes I would have tossed them in as well.

No comments: