Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Green Smoothie!

Today is my first green smoothie. I used the recipe that Green Mom Zoe shares on her blog zoevblog.com which I'll type out here.

This makes 2 smoothies:
2 cups almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 apple
1/2 mango
handful of sprouts
2 cups kale

Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth.

It's a very fresh tasting, lightly sweet drink. I made it for the kids and I, but Goober and Munchkin refuse to drink it even though I attempted to tell them it was a Nickelodeon Slime Smoothie. Goober says it tastes like grass - and I can totally understand where he's coming from.

The first sip, I have to admit, did taste like grass. It really does take a few sips to get past it. But I'm now halfway through my smoothie and I'm honestly over the grass taste. Now it just tastes sweet to me.

I'm not sure if there's a better way to convince the other two kids to drink it. Maybe put more fruit in to make it sweeter... Bug thinks it tastes good and is drinking it up, which is wonderful because he's the one I'd like to get on a more vegan diet more than any of them.

No comments: