Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blue Cheese Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms

This week's appetizer is Blue Cheese Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms. Keep reading after I've posted the recipe the way I've made them because Sean had a couple suggestions on how they could be even better, and I think I agree. When I make them again I'll post and let y'all know but for now I'll just post the recipe as I made them. ;)

Blue Cheese Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms

About 12 to 15 Large Mushrooms
1 cup Ricotta
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 tablespoons pesto
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Wash mushrooms, remove stems, and hollow out caps. I used a Grapefruit spoon to do this with and it worked beautifully. If you have one, use it, if not a regular spoon should do as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


3. In mixing bowl, combine ricotta, garlic powder, and pesto. Mix in blue cheese.
4. Stuff each cap generously and arrange on a cookie sheet

Photobucket

5. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

How did we like them?

I thought they were great! Sean liked them but suggested I add some bread crumbs to the mixture. I agree, I think the texture would be improved. He also sprinkled lemon juice on top (just a little) and it really added to the taste. Two out of three kids loved these mushrooms, too. The third is only four years old and doesn't like anything resembling a vegetable. :)

Please comment and let me know what you think, if you've tried the recipe, what you changed, and how you liked it.

Check in tomorrow for Greek Salad with Homemade Croutons!

No comments: